EATANDTREATS JAPAN: L'OCCITANE CAFE - SHIBUYA, TOKYO

On my recent Japan trip, I travelled with a friend who’s SO GOOD at organizing and researching and I want to thank him for the smooth awesome trip! We could visit up to 8 cafes in a day (and all that included the confusing moment in train station and looooong walk!).

One of the places that I would die to visit was that particular Starbucks in Shibuya which offered the best front-facing view of the famous Shibuya crossing, but it was packed almost EVERY SINGLE TIME that I lost hope, but luckily, another cafe that we planned to visit was the L’Occitane cafe, well, frankly it was me who got a little more excited as I really wanted to experience how L’Occitane, that famous beauty brand was doing as a cafe.

Getting here was actually pretty easy, as I mentioned on my previous Japan post, once you have a running internet connection, you can consider yourself “safe”, if you take the trip by train, stop at Shibuya station and look out for “Shibuya 109” or “Tsutaya” as the cafe was located around the area and almost impossible not to notice as it's probably the only building with major yellow color.
Truth be told, I was a little skeptical about the cafe, as I initially thought the cafe would serve only cute but mediocre food, but I gotta tell you this: I WAS SUPER WRONG I should be in jail for being skeptical at the first place. The cafe was indeed pretty and located on the second level of their Shibuya store, but the dessert...OMG one of the best I’ve had in like...ever!

Since we were quite full after having Oyakodon for lunch (post coming), we decided to share some cakes and as I rolled  & rolled the page, the sweets platter (Dessert Medley) seemed legit, but I was pretty stunned as the pricing for their coffee and tea was relatively high (ranging from 750 yen). I ordered their jasmine chamomile tea (907 yen) while my friend ordered their Rose tea with strawberry sherbet (1030 yen). The Jasmine chamomile tea had this rich chamomile flavor and aroma, and indeed a relaxing treat for the day, in terms of flavor, the chamomile overpowered the jasmine, but all that still on a good state. The rose tea and strawberry sherbet was also pretty good & refreshing with lovely balance of sweet & sour!
The sweets platter a.k.a Dessert Medley (1540 yen) consist of mini size strawberry shortcake, chocolate pie, creme brulee and chantily cream dessert, I mentioned earlier how badly wrong I was for being skeptical as the sweets generally screamed fantastic, my favorite has got to their creme brulee, it was so so so good! Crystalized (in a way hardened) caramel, smooth caramelly custard at the bottom, raspeberry and mint leaves to add in the pretty factor! The creme brulee was smooth & creamy but the thing that captivated the most was the fact that the flavor wasn’t milky! I’ve tried like zillion creme brulee in my life and this one certainly falls on the top part of my list!

All that and I was pretty pleased with the live view from Shibuya crossing, even though it’s not something that I expected, but it’s still a bliss :)
Just when I thought they made amazing perfumes, soaps and hand creams, they also made AMAZING desserts! One of the cafes that worth all the long walks and the calories :P

L'Occitane Cafe Shibuya
Shibuya Ekimae Building 2-3 Fl.
2-3-1 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku
150-0043 Tokyo
(81) 3542 81563
Opening Hours: 10 AM - 10 PM
Average spending for two: 3000 yen
Dresscode: casual

〒150-0043 Tokyo, Shibuya, Dōgenzaka, 2 Chome−3
道玄坂2-3-1 渋谷駅前ビル 1-3階

FIND ME HERE
FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM || GOOGLE+

Map for L'Occitane Cafe Shibuya

2 komentar: